Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Comic Book Robot of the Month: Spy-Bots

It looks like just another normal day at the offices of Galaxy Communications, or does it? My Best Friend, the Super Spy from Action Comics #449 is another one of those nutty mid-70s stories that try to cram as much as possible into 22 pages. After dealing with some freakish accidents, Superman is confronted by some powerful robots. When I say powerful, I mean powerful as they really give the Man of Steel a tough time as they can continue fighting post-dismemberment. What's worse is that it appears that almost everyone of Supes' friends is a robot in disguise (it's hard to type that without singing it). There's an Amazing Spider-Man #80 type twist here that is flubbed a bit, but it is a lot of fun to watch Superman karate chop Perry White and Steve Lombard in half.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scott,

I have a copy of Superman 400 for you if you are still interested. I'll check the blog for an answer. I will be happy to mail you one. I just picked up 4 copies, each in NM/M. Let me know.

- David

Scott M said...

David

That's very, very generous of you. I was just looking for a copy today. I can be reached via my podcast's email - marriedwithclickers(at)gmail.com

Thanks
SCott

Unknown said...

This issue has a very special place in my heart. This was my very first introduction to Superman. I've kept a it close ever since. For all its flaws and missteps, this is one issue I'm completely willing to keep well above every other issue. NOSTALGIA, man!