Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Steve Ditko Cover of the Week: Konga's Revenge #2

Ok, it has been more than a week but it I don't see myself changing the category label at this point. Steve Ditko drew a number of amazing covers in the 1960s. This was not one of them. I love the Konga stories but, for some reason, the covers were often lacklustre. The problem with this one is not the rat. Sadly, it's not a giant rat, because Konga becomes Doll Man sized in this story. The rat looks gross, but in a cool kind of way. Konga, on the other hand, is posed very awkwardly. It just doesn't work for me at all. The biggest problem for me, however, is the background. It's just a terrible, garish yellow. Why not go with something that would cause less eye strain? Overall, although I dig the rat, this one is a dud.

No comments: