Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Add It To My Want List: Tales of the Unexpected #15

Since chatting about him last week, I've had Ruben Moreira on the brain. I was flipping through my copy of DC Showcase Presents: Tales of the Unexpected Vol. 1 last night and I spotted a cover that I had never taken note of before. Even through the murky black and white reproduction, I could tell that it was a stunner. I have always been intrigued by the Sargasso Sea, so it's very cool to see the concept used for a 50s sci-fi cover. I found a colour image online and was even more impressed with this moody cover as it uses a wash. I'm not sure if Moreira did this himself or if he employed the tales of Jack Adler. In either case, it's an eye catcher. The stories themselves are also very solid, with artwork by both Jack Kirby and Mort Meskin among others. I'm normally quite happy to have everything in a inexpensive collection, but I really, really, really want to own this book for the cover.

No comments: