Tuesday, September 18, 2012

You've Been Warned: Brave and the Bold #156

It is not often that I can find a flaw in my all-time favourite series, never mind an issue drawn by Don Newton, but this one stands out like a sore thumb. As a general rule, I am not a huge fan of sorcerer/magician heroes, but sometimes they can be a good fit with Batman (see Phantom Stranger in B&B #145). This particular issue has an overly convoluted plot involved a demonic possession centering on a wrongly accused man. At least, that's what I think was going on - the exposition came fast and furious. It all wraps up way too quickly and one wonders whether Doctor Fate could have handled it all alone. If you're like me and need a complete run of the Batman team-ups, you'll want this one, otherwise you can forget it.

No comments: