Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Add It To My Want List: Captain America #144

I've owned at least 75% of the issues of Captain America from #100 to #25o at one time or another, but for some inexplicable reasons I've never owned (or even read) this one. It has recently come to my attention that the Falcon solo story in this book was drawn by none other than Gray Morrow - one of my all-time favourites. I Check Spellinghave often thought that Morrow would have been a perfect artist for some World War Two era Cap stories that were somewhat dark in tone. In my perfect world, there's a 25 issues run of a 70s black and white Captain America magazine at Marvel, and Morrow pencilled ever single one of them. As that is just fantasy land, I'll have to find comfort in this one. I know that it's a Falcon story, but it appears that Cap has at least a cameo in this one so that's fine by me. For my money, Morrow was at the height of his powers in the early 70s so I'm excited to see what he did with this one.

2 comments:

gef the talking mongoose said...

Note to self: Look that Falcon story up in Essential Captain America vol. 3 as soon as I get home.

Scott M said...

Let me know what you think, Dan.