Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Memoirs of a Bronze Age Baby: Mighty World of Marvel #2

In the summer of 1983, my family took a 3 week vacation to England & Wales. I was nearly 11 years old that summer, and pretty much near the peak of my childhood interest in comic books (although Return of the Jedi was also taking up a lot of the geeky portion of my brain). Somewhere during that trip, my parents bought me this magazine-sized comic. Although I'd seen the Editions Heritage books in Quebec before, this was my first real taste of an international variant. I was an Avengers and Vision nut at the time, so this was a perfect fit. Although the title proclaims Everybody Dies!, I have a feeling this contained the Kitty Fights Alone story - but I can't find any real details about the contents of this mag, and I lost mine over 20 years ago. That trip was also my one and only visit to the legendary Forbidden Planet store in London (I had seen their awesome ad in the Overstreet Guide). I had a bit of money put aside for a special purchase. They had nice copies of both New Teen Titans #1 and Iron Man #1 for the exact same price. I don't want to tell you which one I chose.

No comments: