Thursday, October 23, 2008

Trade Marks: Daredevil : Ninja

A few weeks ago, I picked up a stack of fairly recent Daredevil TPBs on the cheap. By and large, I've been a pretty big fan of the Daredevil storyline ever since Kevin Smith rebooted it. When I first picked this up, I did not realize that it was a standalone story. It was actually a relief as I've been ready the Matt Murdock saga out of order, and it gets a bit tough to follow. You'd think that a story about Daredevil travelling to Japan to take on The Hand would be foolproof, but it just didn't work for me. Bendis' story seems ill-conceived and rushed, and the artwork by Haynes & Self is great in spots, but is too often awkward and difficult to follow. I had to re-read the airport showdown finale a few times and I'm still not sure I understand what happened. This was a good idea poorly executed (do I say that a lot?). Trade Mark: C+

No comments: