Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Hidden Gems: Captain America Special Edition #2

Back in 1984, Marvel decided to reprint some of Jim Steranko's best work. This was the second and final issue to this short-lived project. Both books are worthy additions to your collection, but I'd snap this one up first. Why? Is it because of the great Cap reprint? No. Is it because of the Not Brand Echh strip? Nope. How about the Nick Fury tale? Sorry. The reason you need to grab this one is because it includes a reprint of 'My Heart Broke in Hollywood' from the nearly impossible to find Our Love Story #5. When they do pop up for sale, any Romance book containing a Steranko story commands top dollar, so this is truly the most affordable way to get your fix of Steranko in all genres. Happy Hunting!

4 comments:

Argo Plummer said...

I own this, but for the Cap stories. Don't think I have actually ever read any of the others.

Anonymous said...

That romance story was also in the Marvel Visionaries: Steranko paperback along with "At the Stroke of Midnight" from Tower of Shadows #1 and Steranko's two X-Men issues and 3 Caps. I suppose Marvel's let it go out of print.

Scott M said...

Yeah - I've really got to track down that Visionaries book.

Dan Bailey said...

"My Heart Broke in Hollywood" is also in the Marvel Romance TPB that came out a couple of years ago, I presume in conjunction with the (quite fun) "Romance Redux" mini.