Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Trade Marks: Jonah Hex Two-Gun Mojo

I'm not sure why it took me so long to get around to reading this one. Overall, it's quite solid - sort of a Gothic western. Like and good Hex story, we start right in the middle of the action (how many Hex stories have a 'Hang Em High' beginning?). We eventually meet Doc 'Cross' Williams and a Romeroesque Wild Bill Hickock. Things move along nicely and I was that I could read it in a single sitting, as I think it would seem disjointed spread out over half a year. Some highlights include the jailhouse escape and Hex's conversation with a fellow veteran. The final chapter didn't sit all that well with me, as the Apache assault seemed out of sync with the tone of the story. I loooooved Glanzman inking Truman. Trade Mark: B+

1 comment:

The Groovy Agent said...

The action, black humor, and superb art just blew me away. One of my fave mini-series, and definitely one of the best mags to come out of the 90s.